Covid-19 Worksite Guidelines
In order to prevent the spread of the COVID 19 virus to onsite work forces, all contractors and subcontractors working on City construction projects are required to adhere to the following New York State guidance in Governor Cuomo's phased reopening plan:
1. Contractors working at City job sites must now post their safety plans at the sites using this template:
Business Re-opening Safety Plan Template
2. Contractors must also read and electronically affirm the Construction Master Guidance – a link to the affirmation is found at the end of this guidance document:
Master Guidance & Affirmation
3. Contractors must also immediately notify the appropriate City of Kingston Project Manager should any on-site worker develop the virus. The contractor must confirm that the site supervisor notified the entire workforce of the potential exposure risk.
4. Should any on-site worker develop the virus, the Ulster County Health Department should be immediately notified of the potential exposure risk.
The Ulster County COVID-19 Hotline number is: 845-443-8888.
5. There is zero tolerance for sick workers reporting to work. If someone exhibits any of the symptoms below, they should immediately report this to the supervisor via phone, text or email and go home. If these symptoms, or complaints of these symptoms, are noticed in a co-worker, he or she should be directed to their supervisor and asked to leave the project site immediately.
COVID-19 Typical Symptoms:
- Shortness of Breath
- Sore Throat
6. For more information about Governor Cuomo's full phased reopening plan: NY Forward Full Plan: Industries Opening by Phase